My guess is that the bird above is from the crow family, he is quite large.
I think that this is the same type of bird spotted near to Ayres Rock.
These are affectionate birds, we came across a tree full of them when walking in Alice Springs. At times there were up to four of them nestling up together and doing a lot of squabbling.
The backdrop to these birds is Ayres Rock.
Another photo taken as we walked around the rock. I did well to get these two Zebra Finches, being such small birds. It was their distinctive calls that alerted me to their presence. Their nest was nearby.
These Plover like birds were very common at Alice Springs. After attempts to get photos of "flighty" birds, I came across this tamer bird in a carpark and so was able to get a close up shot. This in probably the only photo that I have posted without first cropping the original. (ps 24/10 It is called a crested pigeon)
I believe that this crow is a Raven. I had seen them regularly around Ayres Rock being mobbed by small birds. This one was in the carpark for the Olga/Kata Tjuta Rocks.
The backdrop to this photo is Kata Tjuta.
I think that this is the same type of bird. They are common small Finch sized birds.
These birds were quite common in Alice Springs, I caught this shot while we were waiting for our flight to Uluru, sitting in a lovely little park outside the terminal building.
Pat and John on tour